In this guide you will learn how to integrate Katpault with BigCommerce to provide a no credit, lease-to-own payment option for your customers.
Before beginning your integration, please review the following:
- Online Checkout Flow
- Your current checkout process to understand how Katapult will impact operations and customers.
- Leasable Items
- Deployment Checklist
- Tax Exemption Management: Katapult is a wholesale merchant and is responsible for collecting sales tax from customers. In some cases this will require additional development. Please review internally determine the best way to reconcile orders.
- Confirm all your products have SKUs & item descriptions. Katapult needs these details for an order to be successful. Products without a SKU may result in a failed checkout, typically resulting in the customer being unable to move past the customer validation screen.
- Submit Ship Date: As part of Katapult's funding process we request that merchants provide either a ship or delivery date. Once a date has been provided Katapult will process funding for the order.
- BigCommerce Thank You Page: Katapult will redirect the customer to this page after a successful Katapult order. Your team will need to setup a static BigCommerce page from store templates. This should be the “/thank-you” page.
Once your merchant agreement has been completed, you will receive an email with your sandbox login credentials and tokens. If you have not received your tokens, please reach out to [email protected].
You may install the Katapult extension from the BigCommerce Marketplace OR from your admin portal.
Step 1. Log in to your BigCommerce admin portal as the store owner
Step 2. After login to your portal, go to Apps>Marketplace
Step 3. Search for Katapult & click on install
Step 4. Complete configuration for testing
- APIKey: Enter the ApiKey which will be the public token provided your Integration specialist.
- Environment: Sandbox
- Order Confirmation Redirect URL: Your team will need to setup a custom Thank You Page to redirect Katapult customers to.
- Status: Enable
This setting will enable a Pay in Store option to be available as a payment option at customer's checkout. Please confirm with your integration specialist when this setting can be activated.
Step 1. Log in to your BigCommerce admin portal.
Step 2. After login to your portal, go to Store Setup > Payments > Pay in Store Settings
Step 3. We will be using the Pay in Store option to add the Katapult checkout button. Display name should be written as Katapult to match with front end store coding and save the payment method
We ask that our merchants mark the appropriate items as leasable during setup. We still allow customers to checkout with leasable and non leasable items. However they must pay for non leasable items in full at the time of checkout, don’t worry we’ll take care of the taxes and the payment. For this to happen you must update your product attributes as leasable.
For items that are leasable, you will need to add to the product's SKU "-LE-".
Not sure which items are leasable? Look at our merchant guide for a list of non leasable items or reach out to us directly at [email protected]
We recommend that your team complete thorough testing. You can find our recommended testing scenarios here. However, you will need to tailor your testing plan specific to your setup and processes.
After completing the installation and configuration, we will coordinate testing with your team. Katapult will need to complete testing in your development environment before going live in production.
Once testing is completed we will coordinate training and a go live date. Contact your account manager or reach out to [email protected] to coordinate a go live date.
Once testing is completed Katapult will coordinate providing production tokens and deployment.
Complete configuration for testing
- APIKey: Enter the ApiKey which will be the public token provided by your Integration specialist.
- Environment: Production
- Order Confirmation Redirect URL: This will be a thank you page you have setup to direct customers to after their Katapult order has been completed.
- Status: Enable
Launch to Production
Once testing and training are completed you will be ready to deploy to your production environment to make Katapult a payment option for your customers!
Updated 6 months ago