In this guide you will learn how to integrate Katpault with nopCommerce to provide a no credit, lease-to-own payment option for your customers.
Before Getting Started
Before beginning your integration, please review the following:
- Online Checkout Flow
- Your current checkout process to understand how Katapult will impact operations and customers.
- Leasable Items
- Deployment Checklist
- Tax Exemption Management: Katapult is a wholesale merchant and is responsible for collecting sales tax from customers. Katapult orders will pull in as tax exempt in your nopCommerce Admin portal.
- Confirm all your products have SKUs & item descriptions. Katapult needs these details for an order to be successful. Products without a SKU may result in a failed checkout, typically resulting in the customer being unable to move past the customer validation screen.
Once your merchant agreement has been completed, you will receive an email with your sandbox login credentials and tokens. If you have not received your tokens, please reach out to [email protected].
Step 1. Download the extension from the nopCommerce Marketplace
Step 2. Login to your nopCommerce admin portal go to > Administration > Configuration > Select “Local Plugins”
Step 3. Once on the local plugin page select> “Upload Plugin or Theme”
Step 4. Select> “Choose File” and upload the Katapult-plugin zip file from Nop-Katapult.zip folder.
Step 5. Go to > Local Plugins > Select Katapult > Install
Step 6. Go to the top of the screen on Local Plugins > Select Restart application to apply changes
Restart may take a few moments
Allow a few moments for the plugin to install and for the application to restart before proceeding with configuration.
Configuring Katapult Payment Method
Step 1. Login to your nopCommerce admin portal > go to Local Plugins > Find Katapult > Select Edit and enter the following details in the popup:
- Friendly Name: Katapult
- Display Order: Enter a number, this will indicate where Katapult will be shown in your payment list to the customer.
- Is Enabled: Checked
- Select Save
Step 2. Select > Configure > enter the following detail sin the popup:
- Sandbox Public API provided by Katapult
- For testing select Use Sandbox
- Select Save
Leasable Attribute Updates
We request that our partnered merchants manage their inventory and update products as leasable or non leasable by utilizing the attributes in nopCommerce. To remain in compliance with our agreement please review our leasable and non leasable items.
How to Configure Leasable Attributes
Step 1. Login to your nopCommerce admin portal > Products > Product Attributes
Step 2. Click the add new button in the upper right hand corner
Step 3. Update the following Fields with:
- Name: Leasable
- Description: Katapult leasable product
Step 4. Save Details
Add Leasable Attribute to Products
Step 1. Login to your nopCommerce Admin Portal > Catalog > Products > select the product you want to update.
Step 2. Go to Product Attributes > click on add new attribute
Step 3 Enter the following details:
- Attribute - select *Leasable** from the dropdown list
- Text Prompt: leasable
- Control Type: select Read-only checkboxes
Step 4. Save Details
We recommend that your team complete thorough testing. You can find our recommended testing scenarios here. However, you will need to tailor your testing plan specific to your setup and processes.
After completing the installation and configuration, we will coordinate testing with your team. Katapult will need to complete testing in your development environment before going live in production.
Once testing is completed we will coordinate training and a go live date. Contact your account manager or reach out to [email protected] to coordinate a go live date.
Once testing is completed Katapult will coordinate providing production tokens and deployment.
Step 1. Login to your nopCommerce admin portal > go to Local Plugins > Find Katapult > Select the Configure and enter the following details in the popup:
- Enter your Production Public API provided by Katapult
- Deselect Use Sandbox
- Select Save
Launch to Production
Once testing and training are completed you will be ready to deploy to your production environment to make Katapult a payment option for your customers!
- Katapult is not reflected as a payment option on my checkout page.
Verify you are checking out with a valid address in the continental United States of America and are using a state Katapult can transact in. Katapult is not accessible in NJ, MN, WI, WY.
At least 1 item in your cart is leasable, Katapult will not reflect as a payment option if the customer has exclusively non leasable items.
Confirm Katapult has been enabled as a payment option.
Updated 11 months ago